We encourage our students in both outdoor sports and indoor games. All facilities are provided to make every child to participate in the sport of their choice.
MUSIC & DANCE
- Music is an universal language. It is an important part of every one’s life. Music is an art form whose medium is sound and silence. We have included Music as a part of our curriculum.
- Music enhances knowledge in the areas of Mathematics, Science, Geography, History, Physical Education and Vocational Training.
- It relaxes the mind and De-stress the students which is most needed in this competitive world.
- It inspires creativity and performance. Music makes students more successful in school.
- Skills learned through the discipline of music transfer to study skills, communication skills and cognitive skills useful in every part of the school curriculum.
YOGA & MEDITATION
- It is no secret that life is stressful for children due to peer pressure, academics and busy extra-curricular activities.
- Yoga & Meditation provides a perfect outlet for stressed out youngsters. It helps them to focus on their physical and emotional well-being and put negative feelings on a back burner. Yoga is a non-competitive way to a healthy physical activity without adding stress. A healthy body inspires a healthy mind and vice versa. Yoga helps the children to release complex emotions. Meditation enhances concentration ability in children.
- Yoga & Meditation improves students’ behavior, physical health and academic performance. It is good to have yoga as a part of the school curriculum.
- Sports and games aims to inspire children in body, mind and spirit. It also instills discipline and confidence.
- We take pride in providing, Basket Ball, Volley Ball, Table Tennis, Kho-Kho, & Chess within the curriculum.
STUDENT COUNCIL & HOUSE SYSTEM
We are in the process of forming a Student Council
The students of the school are divided into 4 Houses namely
- These are the name of Flowers & Plants.
- The main idea of House System is to foster healthy competition, leadership qualities, team work, co-operation and mutual understanding.
“click here” for the details
ART AND CRAFT EDUCATION
Teaching arts in school has several benefits for the students. Art education is needed by our students as a medium for Creative Expressions, Communication and Imagination. It helps the students to stretch beyond the boundaries of the printed text books. Learning art provides the students with Non-Academic benefits like Self-Esteem, Motivation, Aesthetic Awareness Creativity and Team Work. Art education not only supports intellectual development of the children but also their personal and social development. Art education is rightfully made as a part of school curriculum for the overall development of the students.
We at Shakthi Public School as part of our Non-Scholastic Activities have formed various Clubs. Various Clubs (click on the club name for more details) formed are as under:
- Eco Club
- Science Club
- Health & Wellness Club
- Art Club
- Maths Club
- Reading Club
- Heritage Club